Termination of remote visualisation server RVS1 at HLRB II

LRZ aktuell publish at lrz.de
Fr Okt 21 14:56:39 CEST 2011

Dear users of the remote visualisation server RVS1 at LRZ,

 you have already been informed that HLRB II was to be retired on 28
 October at the latest, for details see: http://www.lrz.de/services/
 compute/hlrb/aktuell/ali4107/.

 Due to severe hardware problems, HLRB II will be switched off today,
 see http://www.lrz.de/services/compute/hlrb/aktuell/ali4135/.

 Together with HLRB II, we will also have to retire the remote
 visualisation server RVS1. This is due to the fact that RVS1 uses the
 same infrastructure as HLRB II and when this infrastructure was
 switched off, RVS1 is no longer accessible.

 Please make sure that you archive all relevant data from the local
 storage "/extern" that you might still have on RVS1.

 The $HOME file system is currently the same on RVS1, HLRB II
 (login2.hlrb.lrz-muenchen.de) and SuperMIG, hence you do not need to
 migrate data from $HOME by yourself.

 If you are working at the LMU or the TUM and have urgent visualisation
 tasks, you can use the remote visualisation servers gvs1.lrz.de or
 gvs2.lrz.de that are part of the Linux Cluster at the LRZ (see https://
 www.lrz.de/services/compute/antrag/ for details on how to get an
 account).

 This information is also available on our web server
 http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/services/compute/aktuell/ali4136/

 Helmut Satzger